The best way to truly get your head around a project is to be well organised! We have some great ways of doing this within the “Glass Page Project Planner”.
If you are new to running projects and need a helping hand, here’s a few useful tips:
1. Always have a project file (preferably with dividers) for all the collateral collected
2. Keep on top of your budget weekly checks are well worth it
3. Have a key dates sheet on your wall as a reminder of what needs to be done and when
4. Create a schedule for the event from start to finish to avoid anything being missed
5. Make a “Pack List” of everything that should go along with you to the event
6. Have a good contact at the venue who you can get in touch with at any time
7. Have a weekly “To Do” notes page of what needs to be done that week
8. Have weekly conference calls with all the key players (using the “To Do” notes as an agenda)
9. Collate a key contacts sheet to keep close at hand it’s amazing how often you can spend time on site searching!
10. Use a trusted Production Company (do I need to mention any names?!?!) to make your event run smoothly and to take care of a lot of the above for you!
Make sure your suppliers are true partners. We are always complimented on our calm, can do, partnership approach.
Need help organising your next event?
Contact us today on 0116 249 2199
We would love to hear from you.